Assessment1 - The Torus

Finished product

Process


Step 1: Bend the aluminium sheet on the stump and Hammer the centre strip. 
The difficulty is to maintain the curvature of the aluminium sheet, when the sheet shrink, it  flattened. I tried to ask a friend to help me keep the aluminium bending, but it is very dangerous and I may hit their hands, so I just keep bending while hammering.
Step 2: Use planishing hammer to smooth the shrink of the centre strip with a metal forming dolly. And make both side of the edge stretched and bent by using the planishing hammer with a U shape dolly. 

The First Product was half finished and taken by someone when I was washing my hands, which made me terribly upset.




So, I did another one, and this time I tried to make it more curved and increased the width of both side strips.

Finished Torus







A idea of make the torus as a roof of architecture.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment3 - Reflection

Assignment2 - The Fuel Tank